Autodemo Throwback Thursday Heads Back to 2004
Google turned to Autodemo in 2004 to craft a demo video that showcased the inner workings of its AdWords service. The video was designed to specifically target AdWords’ bidding and ranking. Cost and Ad position is determined by various highlighted factors. The careful narration guides the consumer through fine-tuning an AdWords account to acceptable standards. Cost-per-Click is discussed in a way that highlights the point of the video.
Bidding can be set by the consumer, therefore you can never exceed a maximum price. Plus, when the ad is clicked…you only pay for qualified leads. While the Google Ad Network has changed dramatically in the last 12 years, the dynamic of an AdWords daily budget hasn’t changed. Finally, the goal of AdWords is based on the needs and finances of the consumer. Position isn’t guaranteed, but this video allows Google AdWords to explain ad relevance and placement better than any FAQ page.
Google AdWords made ad buying exciting in 2004.
Looking back on working with Google
While the demo video targets AdWords, much of the material is dedicated to answering what is now second nature. AdWords is all about results, but the flexibility to work within an advertising budget has been present since Day One. The demo video was slightly lengthy, but Google provides services that take a little longer to showcase. Naturally, the demo video doesn’t cover every aspect of AdWords. But, it serves as an informed consumer’s starting point into a much larger world. Autodemo enjoyed working with Google, as a result they will return in a future Throwback Thursday.
What Else Was Happening in 2004?
Autodemo Throwback Thursday is taking another trip back in time. How well do you remember 2004? Feel free to share our Top 10 Happenings of 2004 with your friends and fellow industry influencers.
10 Ways That The World Changed in 2004
- The New England Patriots beat the Carolina Panthers in Super Bowl XXXVIII.
- Google launches Gmail in April.
- Eli Manning became the first pick in the NFL Draft.
- Smarty Jones wins the Kentucky Derby.
- Friends ends its TV run in May.
- North Korea bans mobile phones.
- Capital punishment is declared unconstitutional in New York.
- Lost makes its TV debut in September.
- The Boston Red Sox win the World Series for the first time in 86 years.
- 9.3 magnitude earthquake creates a tsunami causing devastation in Sri Lanka, India, Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia, the Maldives and edges of the Indian Ocean, killing 230,000 people.
Where will we go next? Autodemo will keep throwing it back every other Thursday for you.